Table of Contents
What is the noun of request?
noun. the act of asking for something to be given or done, especially as a favor or courtesy; solicitation or petition: At his request, they left. an instance of this: There have been many requests for the product. a written statement of petition: If you need supplies, send in a request.
What is the adverb for request?
requisitely. In a requisite way; necessarily.
What kind of word is request?
Request can be a verb or a noun – Word Type.
What is the adjective form of request?
Use the adjective requested to describe something that’s been asked for.
How do you use verb request?
to ask for something or ask someone to do something in a polite or formal way request something (from somebody) She requested permission to film at the White House. You can request a free copy of the leaflet.
Is request a transitive verb?
transitive verb To ask (a person) to do something.
What is request grammar?
A request is when somebody asks you to do something – usually politely. Reported requests are one form of reported speech. direct request. reported request.
What is request with example?
Request is defined as the act of asking for something or something you asked for. An example of request is the song someone asked a band to play. noun. 29.
How do you use request verbs?
- request something She requested permission to film at the White House.
- You can request a free copy of the leaflet.
- She requested anonymity because she wasn’t authorized to speak to the press.
- request something from somebody/something The government has requested information from the companies involved in the scandal.
What is request sentence?
2 His rareness disinclined me to grant his request. 3 It seems a perfectly reasonable request to make. 4 I request that you should come early. 5 We received a negative answer to our request. 8 She made a request for some water.
How do you use request in Word?
Request sentence example
- His request gave her an idea.
- Codes mingled with names and addresses in a request for medical assistance.
- Without looking away, he addressed his request to Connie.
- I finished my discourse with a request for words of wisdom.
How do you use request?
Requesting sentence example
- He was one of the delegates in 1789 from the Irish parliament to George, prince of Wales, requesting him to assume the regency as a matter of right.
- Before this was completed, a message arrived from the House of Lords requesting a conference, which was granted.
What is the modal verb for request?
Modal Verbs of Permission, Requests and Offers. The modal verbs (or modals for short) of permission are can, could and may. These verbs are used to politely ask for permission, to make a request, and to offer help to someone.
What is the transitive verb for request?
transitive verb 1 : to make a request to or of requested her to write a paper 2 : to ask as a favor or privilege requests to be excused 3 obsolete : to ask (a person) to come or go to a thing or place
What is the meaning of the word in request?
reply, response. 2 the state of being sought after especially for purchase. reliable babysitters are much in request, especially on weekends. Synonyms for request. call, demand, market. Words Related to request.
How do you write a request in a sentence?
Examples of request in a Sentence. Noun They made a request to begin work immediately. She filed a formal request for more information. At your request, I am enclosing a full refund of your payment.