Table of Contents
What are some old slang words?
11 Old-Fashioned Slang Words We Should Bring Back
- “DAP” (Or “Dead Ass Perfect”) The next time you’re really enjoying something, be sure to let everyone know you think it’s DAP.
- “Don’t Have A Cow”
- “Know Your Onions”
- “Happy Cabbage”
- “The Cat’s Pajamas”
- “The Bank’s Closed”
What are the top 10 slang words?
- Dope – Cool or awesome.
- GOAT – “Greatest of All Time”
- Gucci – Good, cool, or going well.
- Lit – Amazing, cool, or exciting.
- OMG – An abbreviation for “Oh my gosh” or “Oh my God”
- Salty – Bitter, angry, agitated.
- Sic/Sick – Cool or sweet.
- Snatched – Looks good, perfect, or fashionable; the new “on fleek”
What are 5 slang words used from the 50’s?
A few examples originating in the 1950s could include “cruisin’ for a bruisin’,” “knuckle sandwich,” “Daddy-O,” “burn rubber,” “party pooper,” “ankle biter,” “get bent,” “cool cat,” and “got it made in the shade.”
What were some slang words in the 1970’s?
Ways to Say Cool in 1970s Slang
- bomb – cool in a hip or awesome way.
- far out – very cool in a weird way.
- funky – cool in an eccentric way.
- groovy – cool in a hip way.
- nifty – cool in a neat way.
- off the hook – very cool to the extreme.
- out of sight – very cool in an impressive way.
- radical – cool in an awesome way.
What was the first slang word?
In its earliest attested use (1756), the word slang referred to the vocabulary of “low” or “disreputable” people. The origin of the word is uncertain, although it appears to be connected with thieves’ cant.
What are Old English words?
24 Old English Words You Should Start Using Again
- Bedward. Exactly as it sounds, bedward means heading for bed.
- Billingsgate. This one is a sneaky word; it sounds so very proper and yet it refers to abusive language and curse words.
- Brabble. Do you ever brabble?
Is Gonna a slang?
They are not exactly slang, but they are a little like slang. For example, “gonna” is a short form of “going to”. If you say going to very fast, without carefully pronouncing each word, it can sound like gonna.
What are some badass words?
What were 5 slang words in the 1960’s?
The Best Of 1960s Slang
- Groovy. Meaning: cool.
- Far out/Outta sight. Meaning: another substitute for cool; strange or bizarre.
- Dig it. Meaning: to understand or agree with something.
- (It’s) a gas. Meaning: fun, fine.
- Mellow. Meaning: Relaxed or laid-back.
- Bummer. Meaning: a disappointing situation.
- Slug bug.
What was some greaser slang?
Greaser – A guy with tons of grease in his hair, which later came to describe an entire group of people. Yes, John Travolta in Grease. Grody – Sloppy, messy or dirty. Hang – As in “hang out” which means to do very little. Haul ass – Drive very fast (hot-rodders)
What are some 80’s slang words?
15 Totally Tubular ’80s Slang Terms
- Eat My Shorts.
- Gag Me With A Spoon.
What did they call the 80s?
The 1980s was the decade that started on January 1, 1980 and ended on December 31, 1989. This decade (group of ten years) is sometimes called the “Greed decade” in English speaking countries….1980s.
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture Establishments – Disestablishments|