Table of Contents
- 1 What is a compound declarative sentence example?
- 2 What are 10 examples of declarative?
- 3 What are 10 examples of compound sentences or?
- 4 Which one of the following is a declarative statement?
- 5 What are the 4 kinds of sentences with examples?
- 6 What are 50 examples of compound sentences?
- 7 What are 30 examples of compound sentences?
- 8 How do you identify a declarative sentence?
- 9 What are some examples of sentences?
- 10 What are examples of imperative sentences?
What is a compound declarative sentence example?
A compound declarative sentence joins two related phrases together. Some examples of compound declarative sentences are: He wanted to play football, but she wanted to play basketball. Marie loves the beach, yet she hates sand.
What are 10 examples of declarative?
10 example of declarative sentence
- I love my dog.
- My new car is black.
- George brushes her teeth twice a day.
- She doesn’t study German on Saturday.
- I and my sister don’t see each other anymore.
- Tomorrow early morning first I go to morning walk.
- Chemistry is my favorite subject, but my brother really likes social studies.
What are 5 examples of compound sentence?
5 Examples of Compound Sentences
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- Michael did not like to read. She was not very good at it.
- Dr. Mark said I could come to his office on Friday or Saturday of next week.
- My favorite sport is skiing. I am vacationing in Hawaii this winter.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences or?
10 Compound Sentences in English
- Our car broke down.
- They spoke to him in English, but she responded in Spanish.
- She goes to the beach, and she takes her cat.
- Although Michael reads novels, Joly reads comics.
- 5.As Alex was arriving to work, he realized he forgot his lunch.
Which one of the following is a declarative statement?
A declarative sentence expresses a statement, provides a fact, offers an explanation, or conveys information. Since the sentence given in the 1st option presents a universal fact, it will be the correct choice.
What is declarative and imperative?
A declarative sentence makes a statement and ends with a period. Examples: I go to Voorhees Middle School. An imperative sentence gives a command or makes a request. Most imperative sentences end with a period. A strong command ends with an exclamation point.
What are the 4 kinds of sentences with examples?
The 4 English Sentence Types
|1||declarative||statement: It tells us something|
|2||interrogative||question: It asks us something|
|3||imperative||command: It tells us to do something|
|4||exclamative||exclamation: It expresses surprise|
What are 50 examples of compound sentences?
- I like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.
- Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.
- Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
What are the 3 types of compound sentences?
Three methods of forming compound sentences
- with a coordinating conjunction (one of the fanboys);
- with a semicolon; or.
- with a semicolon and a transitional expression.
What are 30 examples of compound sentences?
The boys sang and the girls danced. They were starving and exhausted, so they went home. Mary was out of milk, so she went to the store. My sister likes to swim; she is on the swimming team.
How do you identify a declarative sentence?
A declarative sentence is the most common type of sentence in the English language. It is written in the present tense and usually ends with a period. Normally, the subject comes before the verb.
Which are examples of complex sentences?
Here are some examples of complex sentences: Although Denise had some doubts, she found the courses very useful. The above example is a complex sentence: it has a dependent clause (a subject ‘Denise’ and a verb ‘had’), followed by an independent clause (subject ‘she’ and a verb ‘found’) and forms a complete thought.
What are some examples of sentences?
Joe went to the store.
What are examples of imperative sentences?
An imperative sentence is always in present tense because commands are issued in the now, not in the past or the future. For example, changing “go” in the command “go to the store” into the past or future tense makes the sentence confusing and grammatically incorrect.
What are declarative statements?
The declarative sentence is a sentence that is making a statement. A declarative sentence example is, “It is a nice day today.” That is a declarative sentence. It does nothing more than give the facts or lets someone know something. It is your everyday, all around, plain sentence and it always ends with a period.