Table of Contents
How do you conjugate Respirer?
Conjugate the verb respirer:
- je respire. tu respires.
- il respirait. nous avons respiré
- vous respirerez.
- ils respireraient.
What is conjugation of verbs in French?
French conjugation refers to the variation in the endings of French verbs (inflections) depending on the person (I, you, we, etc), tense (present, future, etc) and mood (indicative, imperative and subjunctive). Most verbs are regular and can be entirely determined by their infinitive form (ex.
What are the avoir conjugations?
The Avoir Conjugation in the Present Tense
|J’ai – I have||Nous avons – we have|
|Tu as – you have||Vous avez – you have|
|Il/elle/on a – he/she/one has||Ils/Elles ont – they have|
What are the 3 endings of French infinitives?
In French, there are three main groups of infinitive endings:
- -er such as manger (to eat).
- -ir such as finir (to finish).
- -re such as vendre (to sell)
What are the 3 groups of French verbs?
In French, verbs can be grouped into three different categories called groups.
- FIRST GROUP: verbs whose INFINITIVE ends in -ER except ALLER.
- SECOND GROUP: cthem ending in -IR (these verbs have the infinitive in -IR and the present participle in -ISSANT).
- THIRD GROUP: All irregular verbs belong to this group.
- Subgroup 1.
What are the 3 types of verbs in French?
There are three main categories of French regular verbs,
- regular verbs with an infinitive ending in -er, such as manger,
- regular verbs with an infinitive in -ir, such as finir,
- regular verbs with an infinitive in -re, such as vendre.
How do you conjugate the verb nous in French?
Nous → We. Vous → You (plural informal or singular formal) Ils / Elles → They….French Verb Conjugation for Common Verbs Like Être & Avoir.
|Je suis||I am|
|Il/Elle est||He/She is|
|Nous sommes||We are|
|Vous êtes||You are|
|Ils/Elles sont||They are|
How do you use tu in French?
“Tu” is only used to address one person, while “vous” is used to address one or more people. As a singular second person pronoun, “vous” is used in more formal contexts while “tu” is more familiar.
How do you conjugate infinitives in French?
The infinitive form of a French verb is the form that ends with [-ER], [-IR], or [-RE]. Each of these infinitive endings is the equivalent of “to …” (i..e. to speak, to read, to take, etc.) in English. Often, an infinitive verb is conjugated when used in a sentence.
Is partir an irregular verb?
The verbs partir, sortir, and dormir are irregular in the present tense, that is, they are not conjugated like regular -ir verbs.
How do you conjugate first group verbs in French?
Endings for the conjugation of the french first group verbs
- Present :-e, -es, -e, -ons, -ez, -ent.
- Imperfect : -ais, -ais, -ait, -ions, -iez, -aient.
- Simple Future : -erai, -eras, -era, -erons, -erez, -eront.
- Simple Past : -ai, -as, -a, -âmes, -âtes, -èrent.
How do you conjugate Group 2 verbs in French?
Verbs with infinitives ending in -ir form a second group of regular verbs in French, often called ‘second conjugation’ verbs. To conjugate these verbs, drop the -ir from the infinitive and add the second conjugation present tense endings: -is, -is, -it, -issons, -issez, -issent.